Thursday, May 1, 2014

Greek Meatballs with Baby Arugula Salad

Here we go!!!
I can't believe I am doing this, I have been thinking about starting my own blog for quite some time now, and I couldn't think of a better time than now. May is my favorite month of the year; blooming trees, warm sunshine, singing birds, and a fresh start! I think this is a perfect recipe to express spring and its attributes. Enjoy!



Greek Meatballs

1 lb ground sirloin
1/3 cup dry whole grain breadcrumbs
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
3 garlic cloves
4 tsp fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dry thyme)
4 tsp fresh mint (do not substitute for dry mint!)
Pinch of salt
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1 large egg

Greek Sauce

1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 oz 2% fat feta
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp fresh mint

 Arugula Salad 

1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp olive oil
Pinch of black pepper
4 cups baby arugula
1 cup sliced cucumber (preferably mini cucumber)

Red Onion Salad

1/2 cup sliced red onion
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup water


Directions

1. Combine all the ingredients for Red Onion Salad in a small bowl and let it sit until you are ready to serve your meal.
2. Preheat oven to 450°.
3. Combine all the ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl. Divide meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 7 min. Turn broiler to high; broil for 3 min.
4. In a mini food processor pulse all the ingredients for the Greek sauce.
5. In a large bowl combine first 3 ingredients for the Arugula salad. Add baby arugula and mix to coat. Add sliced cucumber and mix to coat.


5 comments:

  1. I am going to try this one... ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Larisa this is a fabulous blog! I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelsie! If you ever come up with a great recipe you could share it here as well ;)

      Delete
  3. This recipe is amazing!! I have bought the ingredients to make a dinner tonight! Thanks a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete