Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Spicy Shrimp Salad with Miso Dressing

I am BACK!!! I'd like to apologize for taking a summer off and not posting my favorite recipes. But do not worry, I took a lot of pictures of what I've made so you will have a steady stream of new recipes to enjoy!
I found this recipe about 6 months ago and I have to share it with you! Seems like my husband and I can't get enough of it. It is so refreshing and at the same time very filling with so many yummy flavors, You have to try it!

Ingredients

For the salad
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 lb raw shrimp, tails removed and deveined
1/2 TBSP butter
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
2 small avocados, cubed
1/2 English cucumber
3 cups, your choice of  arugula, baby kale, spinach
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped

For the dressing
1 1-inch piece of fresh peeled ginger
3 TBSP olive oil
3 TBSP lime juice
2 TBSP honey
1 1/2 TBSP white miso
Salt to taste

Directions
1. Heat the butter in a small skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, shrimp, chili powder and cayenne. Saute for a few minutes on each side until the shrimp are no longer clear and have a golden color.
2. Cube avocados and cucumbers; add your choice of greens and cilantro.
3. In a small food processor, puree all the dressing ingredients together until smooth. Pour the dressing over the salad and enjoy!



1 comment: